Who We Are
We are a large group of volunteers organized through Calling Up Justice practice. We are an asynchronous group making decisions collectively and acting individually for rapid response. We practice horizontal leadership instead of hierarchical organizing. We are working within the capitalist constraints of white supremacist United States. This requires a decentralized trust rich process. Our participation flows according to individual capacity and availability. Our team REQUIRES reduncies. By design our process is emergent and iterative. We are communicative and intentional. We center Blackness and use an aggressively intersectional lens. We are BIPOC, Disabled, White Allies, LGTBTQ+, International, based in the USA. We practice collective care and radical generosity. We are producing justice and protesting on the streets, organizing behind the computer, and being present everywhere.
- We use digital tools for asynchronous organizing
- We meet regularly once a week Wednesday
- We do A LOT of communication in between on all platforms
- Sometimes producing team members will be needed in other spaces, will be taking space and time for themselves, or will be prevented from joining us because of white supremacy culture. This is why we have a big team
- If you see something you think needs to be improved…improve it!
- If you think someone needs to join the team- invite them!
- If you join this team invite another team member!
- If you experience injustice Call it Out and call all of us up!
WE NEED YOU to contribute and share the art and data that makes the case NOW. Contribute $$ to PayPal.me/CallingUp to cover on-going costs of the site. Visit the Make A Contribution Page to offer art and data. Email us if you’d like to join the producing team! – we charge genocide tv @ gmail dot com-